New York State Immigrant Integration Conference
On June 9, 2014 at the New York Law School, the New York State Office for New Americans and the New York Immigration Coalition co-hosted a one-day conference to advance the capacity of immigrant assistance provider organizations in New York that serve clients in an efficient, effective and coordinated manner. The conference brought members of the immigration community together to share their best practices and learn from current and prior experiences in immigration assistance efforts like DACA, as well as other mass assistance efforts like those following Hurricane Sandy and 9/11.
- Anti-Immigration Fraud Efforts & Capacity
- Outreach and Organizing with Community Partners
- Ethical Challenges of Direct Services and Representation
- Innovations in Outreach and Service Delivery through Technology
- Communications, Media, Branding
- Coordination of Pro Bono and Volunteer Efforts
- National Legalization Efforts
- Private and Public Funding Partnerships
- Strategic Partnerships with Traditional and Non-Traditional Partners
Visit the New York State Immigrant Integration Conference web site for more information.